First Published: 11/5/2017
This document contains system requirements, supported features and bugs for ReSTNSX v1.2(8)
The ReST NSX appliance ships with a 45 day Evaluation License. In this mode, users are limited to a single data source (NSX Manager) and the ability to create two Tenants only.
Default username is 'admin', default password is 'default'.
Support matrix and system requirements for ReST NSX.
|ReST NSX||1.2||2 vCPU||8GB||50GB|
For REST API access, HTTPS (TCP Port 443) must be allowed through any transient firewalls for the ReSTNSX Appliance to access vCenter and NSX Manager
- Internet Explorer (Feature Preview)
System Level Features
- Remove Security Tags from VMs in a workflow
- Firewall Sections as an option in Query widget
- Counters on the workflow publish screen increment without page refreshes
- Appliance login: After entering password, the user can now hit the Enter key in addition to clicking the arrow to login
- Saved workflows are now sorted by Date (default)
NOTE: Tenant level adds, edits and deletes are real-time. Roll-back, XML Preview and work-flows are not available at the Tenant level.
- ReSTNSX Systems Administrator can enable or disable visibility of Tenant objects in the System space within configuration tasks. Permission is set under the Admin -> System settings page
- Deleting a Tenant cleans up the Tenant space in NSX Manager, including their Logical Switches, DLRs, ESGs and Firewall Section. A summary of Tenant information is presented before confirming deletion of the Tenant space.
- Tenant System Admin and Tenant Admin dashboards enhanced with Query widgets.
- Tenant System Admin: Ability to query all Tenant objects
- Tenant Admin: Ability to query only objects within their Tenant space
- System logs now include Tenant name in the log entries for items executed within that Tenant space
- Central CLI is now full width
Upgrades to ReST NSX leverage configuration export for easy migrations. When exported, the following information is retained:
- Local Users
- Saved Workflows
- Custom Wizards
- Tenant Information
- Data Sources
- System Settings
By exporting this information, upgrades are performed in parallel to the production platform. Once the new version of ReSTNSX is online, simply import the previously exported configuration file and the system is online. Administrators can manage the same NSX environment(s) with both ReSTNSX versions at the same time and
Note: When both systems are online, configuration settings are not synchronized between the different versions and must be maintained separately until the old version is decommissioned.
Open and Closed ReST NSX issues and enhancement requests (ENH). Severity levels range from 1 (Severe) to 5 (Cosmetic).
|ENH127001||Add object name to XML metadata (Delete DLR, Delete Security Tag, Attach VM to LS, apply dfw exclusion etc)||Open||4|
|ENH127003||ESG and dFW FW Table does not show entry for ANY in the table but ANY is in the preview and XML||Resolved||5|
|ENH127004||Remove "Add Load Balancer" and "Read dFW Exclusions" in Custom Workflow||Resolved||5|
|ENH127002||Cannot remove security tags from a VM in a workflow||Resolved||2|
|ENH127005||Create Tenant modal - Copy Tenant information persists even if Copy Tenant settings are disabled||Resolved||3|
|ENH127006||Filter out Tenant Logical Switches and DLR in System space||Resolved||2|
|ENH127007||dFW and ESG Rule are missing Service option when creating rules||Open||2|
|ENH127008||Tenant and System Logical Switch, DLR listing tables need to default sorting by Name, not Wire-ID||Resolved||4|
|ENH127009||Tenant Support pop-up Close button inoperable||Resolved||4|
|ENH127010||In certain situations, some dFW workflows cause the firewall rule order to be reversed when publishing to NSX Manager.||Resolved||1|
|ENH127011||In certain situations, dFW rule creation in a workflow for a "block" action results in an "allow" being published to NSX Manager.||Resolved||1|