First Published: 12/5/2017
This document describes how to upgrade to ReSTNSX v1.2(9). If you require further assistance, please visit our blog or open a trouble ticket
Upgrades to ReST NSX leverage configuration export for easy migrations. When exported, the following information is retained:
- Local Users
- Saved Workflows
- Custom Wizards
- Tenant Information
- Data Sources
- System Settings
By exporting this information, upgrades are performed in parallel to the production platform. Once the new version of ReSTNSX is online, simply import the previously exported configuration file and the system is online. Administrators can manage the same NSX environment(s) with both ReSTNSX versions at the same time and
Note: When both systems are online, configuration settings are not synchronized between the different versions and must be maintained separately until the old version is decommissioned.
Navigate to Admin -> System -> System Backup and Restore to export the current ReSTNSX configuration for future import.
This step will create and download an encrypted file (.config) containing system configuration and existing licenses. Save this file for use in step 2.
Download the latest ReSTNSX version from restnsx.com and install the appliance on the same or different host.
- Browse to the new ReSTNSX Virtual Appliance via https://<ReSTNSX-IP>. On the login screen, enter the following credentials. Note that the password is case sensitive:
- Click Close on the "No Datasources Detected" pop-up window
- Navigate to Admin -> System -> System Backup and Restore to import the previously saved .config file
- Click Import Configuration
- Click upload cloud or drag previously saved .config file into upload area and Click Import Configuration button
- Confirm settings and Click Import Configuration
Navigate to System -> Datasources to verify successful import of configuration data.
Note: Datasource status may show as unknown until the polling is complete.